Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Mr. Mercedes

Years ago Amy and I were discussing Stephen King and it turns out that we have zero of his books in common. All the ones I read, she hadn't and vice versa. One that she raved about was Mr. Mercedes. I checked it out online and saw that they'd made it into a TV series. I added it to my Hoopla faves but only just decided to start it. The first season has 10 episodes and I had 10 credits left in April. It was, as we said in the 80s, a no-brainer. I was beyond relieved to discover that Brendan Gleeson isn't the baddie. (Whew!) I absolute loathe, despise, and abominate Mr. Mercedes. Good lord, what a loser. Brendan is sensational as Bill and Holland Taylor as Ida, Bill's super classy, mega sexy neighbour, once again turns in a flawless, effortless performance. She's so authentic and real. 


(photos kidnapped from ew and tvfanatic)

Bonus!! I just read that the fourth season is to be released November 24th of next year.

No comments: