Saturday, December 18, 2021

Holiday Decorations at My Place

I was well on top of the holiday this year and had the place all clean and decorated before I left for Ohio. That way when I came home on December 2nd I could just relax into the Christmasness of it all and not concern myself with a messy home. 

I made that wee little glass snowglobe with the tiny trees! The elf was Mum's.

That blue frog was a gift from Wayne years ago, probably for Christmas, and the lovely lady in the black and white photo is my great gran on my mother's side.)


A Leonidas tin that once held a box of yummy Belgian chocolates, a ceramic dish that Uncle Alan once mistook for an ashtray (Mum had to use white out to cover the stain!) and a sweet teeny tree that I bought in grade school. Bonus: that's Aunt Berne and Godmommy Gina in the frames!

Olga's Diner was well known in South Jersey and I just had to have that ornament when I discovered it on Etsy from Jawnaments

The Star ornament was handmade by office bestie, Renee a few years back and the Chagrin Falls was the latest ornament added.

When I saw that Kate Gabrielle was selling a new ornament featuring a puppy and a line from Only Murders in the Building I couldn't not buy it! Also, the teeny SpongeBob once belonged to Donna. Kay let me take it a few years ago. 

These three snowpeeps plus another one that is making a snow angel were bought over two decades ago at The Washington Memorial Chapel Cabin gift shop on the way back from cutting down a Christmas Tree with Xavier, Aunt Berne, Aunt Gina, and Alina. They were too precious to pass up.


It's the Wannamaker Eagle!

Another star from Renee and a Christmas card from Aunt Berne. Bonus: Kayla as a teenager!

My coffee table with Christmas books, basket o' red and gold ornaments, bowl of coloured Christmas trees, and my box for holiday cards received.

That penguin card is really a pin and someone drew skis to turn it from a plain old pin to art. The Snoopy pin definitely wins first prize for flashiest decor in the whole joint!








No comments: