Sunday, December 19, 2021

Christmas at Mum's

Today was the family get together at Mama Rosie's. It was great to see everyone but aside from Lucy cracking everyone up non stop (Lucy: "Nana, I want a cupcake." Nana Rose: "Well, how about you have something healthy first." Pause.... Lucy: "I'll go ask Mommy." - Lucy hands her father a cookie I gave her that was missing two tiny bites. "You didn't like my cookie, Lucy?" Stops and shyly tells me, "I sort of liked it...") I'm kinda glad it was the last year. I don't really fit in with any of the groups, the moms, the dads, the kids, the beer drinkers, etc, and no one in my family is really interested in the stuff I like. No one wants to hear about whatever weird documentary I've watched or fun tidbit I recently learned and they tend to get that look on their face of how much longer do I have to listen to this before I can politely step away or they just look over my shoulder and start a new conversation with someone else. Maybe it's because I'm awkward or whatever but the most fun was taking selfies and hugs before leaving. So while this may look like a fantastic time from the photos, you are only seeing the best part of the day. For me, at least. I'm better suited to one on ones. (A brief one on one chat in the garage with Xavier was wonderful. But he's always the cat's jammies.)

Me with Zach

Syd


Jax


Chrissy

Wayne


Wayne & Mum


Xave


Mary


Stacey


Dave


Lucy and her new giant pineapple


Tearin' open the gifties!




No comments: