Sunday, September 12, 2021

Forever Young

Ever since I was a child and saw Pollyanna I have adored Hayley Mills. A couple weeks back I just happened to search her name in Audible, thinking perhaps she narrated a book or two, maybe even Eleanor H. Porter's novel. That's when I learned that Ms. Mills had written her autobiography, which she would read in the audiobook version, and it was due to come out September 7th of this year! I thankfully had one credit in the chamber and instantly selected "pre-order", starting it as soon as I saw it download to my library. Forever Young comes in at just a little over sixteen hours in length and I find myself comparing it to a slice of Mrs. Lagerlof's cake. From the first scrumptious bite it leaves me simultaneously savouring it, while also so ready to dive in for the next morsel. 

No comments: