Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Audible Email

Not terribly long ago I decided to do my best to have Audible try and make some of my audiobook dreams a reality. I sent off an email and actually got a real human reply. How nice is that?! Even if they never record unabridged copies of Dominick Dunne's books or fulfill any of my other requests, I just feel grateful that someone read what I wrote and is sending it off to the department that could consider them. 

Hello!

I'm fairly obsessed with audiobooks and have a few suggestions. Maybe they're possible, maybe they aren't, or maybe I should mind my stinkin' business, but I feel compelled to share them with you in the hopes that my Audible dreams will one day come true. Here goes: 
• I would love to see the unabridged works of Dominick Dunne narrated beautifully and perhaps draw people's attention to his fantastic writing. His novels are page turners and with the right narrator, a new group of people might fall in love with him, as I have.
• Next, I was looking at my Andy Warhol Diaries and thought, "Hmm...I wonder if anyone has ever bothered to tackle this beast and set it to an audio version..." Might be worth thinking about.
• One of my favourite FAVOURITE audiobooks is Jules Verne's "Around the World in 80 Days" but it MUST be the version read by Jim Dale. I was able to listen to it through an old copy my library had, but it was a bit sketchy and scratched. If Audible had this, I would buy it instantly so I could listen to it again and again. It is that phenomenal.
• Lastly, and this is a very long shot, I have this day-dream of my fave authors, actors, narrators, etc, reading some of their own favourite books, be they novels, children's stories, non-fiction, doesn't matter. I mentioned this to John Waters when I met him for all of four glorious minutes a few years back. I love his books and he does an incredible job narrating. He is himself a huge fan of the written word and it would be so cool for him to read an oddball book from his "best of" list or even just whatever is on his nightstand. Something like this would give an artist's following a chance to see what makes them tick and also give new life to some books that have been all but forgotten.

Thank you so much taking the time to read this rather long note and take care,
Lisa Star

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm so happy to hear that you really enjoy your service. I have read through all of your suggestions and I understand where your heart is at.  I have taken your requests and properly routed them to our publishing rights team who can determine if we are able to acquire the content. If in the future you have any other content suggestions please feel free to send them over to Content-requests@audible.com. The appropriate teams will see your request and see if the rights can be obtained to get the audiobooks made.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Jon

No comments: