Saturday, January 16, 2021

Best Meal Ever

Since Brussels with Ashlee on April 2nd 2014 I have never had a better meal, even topping the food buffet at Omega. Rudolf Mestdagh, a native of Brussels, told me that I simply had to go to Arcadi Café on Rue d'Arenberg for their famous quiche when I was in town. Ashlee and I are equally awkward and terrified of anything unknown but I knew I couldn't let Rudolf down. We went and ordered the same quiche (why didn't we get more than one is beyond me, plus extras to eat on the way to the train station?!!?) with water and a side of frites. To this day we still talk about it and how it was the most sublimely flavourful thing we had ever eaten. Lasagna and scrambled eggs in a pie combined with a fresh richness. It's really indescribable just how truly scrumptious it was. I went back again in 2018 and ordered a similar quiche but nothing would compare to that first time with Ashlee. 





No comments: