Wednesday, September 16, 2020

From Lisa

On the day of the Pre-Labor Day get together I had run a bunch of errands over in Bryn Mawr then come back across the bridge to Xavier and Mary's. I was four bites in to my Naked Lunch Moler Bowl when I realised that I had completely forgotten to get gluten free goodies for Lisa at Sweet Freedom Bakery! I stupidly texted her the night before to see if there was something she wanted and I knew she'd be disappointed since there were only GF box cookies for her and tons of treats for the non-GF peeps. I hopped in to Roark and drove the 30 miles back to where I had just come from. (MOM's Organic Market is a block away from the bakery.) I smartly checked their hours on Google and would get there a wee bit before closing. I pulled in to the empty parky lot to discover they were fucking closed. God damn Covid. I called Mary and we cracked up at my situation. I went back to MOM's and got Enjoy Life Crunchy Chocolate Chip cooks (which are really yummy!) and a dark chocolate Hail Merry tart then drove the 30 miles back to the party. I wasn't mad or anything, it was more funny than anything else. Fast forward to today, Xavier calls to tell me an order of cupcakes arrived. Huh??! So I told him it's gotta be a mistake and go on and just open it. Look at what that sweet lady had sent to me:





(Review to follow tomorrow afternoon!)

No comments: