Monday, April 6, 2020

The Nanny - Pandemic Table Reading

Today the entire cast of the pilot episode of The Nanny gathered together at their homes and Zoomed a table read of the show that launched one of my favourite series. I was so happy watching it that my cheeks started to hurt. I know this episode so well, but seeing everyone (sort of) back together made me laugh as loud as I had the first time I saw it. This was such a wonderful lift and I'm so grateful to these beautiful people for taking time out of their own lives to spread a whole lot of happiness and joy to the rest of the world.


Madeline Zima as Gracie, Alex Sternin as Eddie (filling in for James Marsden), Rachel Chagall as Val, and Jonathan Penner as Danny Imperiale
Charles Shaughnessy as Mr. Sheffield, Ann Hampton Callaway - composer and performer of theme song The Nanny Named Fran, Peter Marc Jacobson - co-creator, co-executive producer, and co-writer, and Renée Taylor as "Ma" Sylvia Fine
Daniel Davis as Nigel, Nicholle Tom as Maggie, Lauren Lane as C.C. Babcock, and Fran Drescher as Nanny Fine
Benjamin Salisbury as Brighton and DeeDee Rescher as Dottie the bride

No comments: