Friday, January 31, 2020

Greg Louganis Back on Board

It's near impossible to have been an American alive in the 70s and 80s and not know of Greg Louganis. Obviously I knew his name growing up like so many other famous Olympians, but I really knew so little about him. I knew he was gay and had AIDS because I'm an ally in the gay community and also try to stay in the know about all things related to the AIDS crisis. I finally got around to see this documentary that I heard about back in 2017. It was available for free (yay!) through my library on Kanopy. I tend to be easy to please when it comes to documentaries because I love the genre but this was so, so good. I just love this man and wish for him endless amounts of health and happiness. He's such a class act and a true artist. His diving is off-the-charts phenomenal and his spirit is just gorgeous. 

(photo kidnapped from amazon)

No comments: