Monday, July 8, 2019

PAFA with Anne

Yesterday Anne and I braved the swamp-like weather of Center City Philadelphia to check out a wonderful exhibit at PAFA, The Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. The exhibit From the Schuylkill to the Hudson: Landscapes of the Early American Republic was a fabulous collection of art depicting The City of Brotherly Love from way back when. It was rooms and rooms of stunning landscapes and I was so enamoured with so many that I picked up the book so I can look at the paintings again and again. (sidebar: the lovely bespectacled woman that worked in the gift shop (my receipt identifies her as Vy) was warm and friendly and the gent that rang us up for our entry to the museum was kind enough to give me an extra PAFA sticker for my sticker book!)

I hadn't been to PAFA since David Lynch's exhibit with Ashlee back in 2014, and it was nice to see everything the museum has to offer. Sadly, my favourite piece, Louis Lozowick's Pittsburgh was nowhere to be found...but regardless, Anne and I had a lovely day together!


Fairmount Water Works - 1821 by Thomas Birch



Paul Weber's Landscape Evening - 1856

Jan's Garden in July - 2018 by Scott Noel









Maria Tomasula - Bouquet - 2000

John F. Peto - Patch Self-Portrait with Small Pictures 

No comments: