Monday, June 24, 2019

A Message from the Hereafter?

When Ash and I went to Fishs Eddy on the 10th to celebrate Pride and her mom, Donna, we filled out post-it notes that would be displayed in their windows. I wrote the first one for Ashlee and put it in the box. Yesterday I was on Instagram and saw part of that post-it on Fishs Eddy's page. It felt like Donna was sending it back to us to let us know she got our note. Reminded me of the time a few months after she died when I dreamt that she called me on my old Spongebob-faceplated Nokia 5120 cell to say that she "just got through", which I took to mean that she finally made it past the security gates in the after-world. "Are you okay?" I asked, getting teary-eyed. "Yeah," came her usual blah voice, "I'm gonna go shopping."





I miss you, Donna. 

No comments: