Monday, April 29, 2019

March 2019 Books

Consider the Lobster ¹ by David Foster Wallace
* Married to Laughter ¹ by Jerry Stiller - I mean who doesn't love Jerry Stiller? Seeing him on TattleTales with wife Anne Meara prompted me to grab this audiobook and let Jerry tell me of how he met and fell for the love of his life. Just charming.
* If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face? ¹ by Alan Alda - That Alan Alda can do no wrong! I would love to see him put out more books; he's an incredible writer.
* The Stranger ¹ by Albert Camus
* I Think I'm Outta Here ¹ ² by Carroll O'Connor - Would have absolutely loved this to be unabridged but listening to Carroll O'Connor tell his memories of childhood, adulthood, fatherhood, and life as one of television's most memorable faces was just wonderful.
* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ¹ by Roald Dahl  - As good as I remembered from my childhood!
* To the Stars ¹ by George Takei - Really great memoir from 1994 that tells of Takei's early life. Love this guy!

Chekov Short Stories ¹ by Anton Chekov
Demon Dentist ¹ by David Walliams - I absolutely loved this book and it was so nice to hear the audio version and remind me of the story all over again!

When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn - Disappointing historical romance.
* Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas by Dav Pilkey- I love this series!!
* Call the Midwife ¹ by Jennifer Worth - I had read this book in early 2014 and it was great to listen to the audiobook version to refresh my memory. Next up are the two sequels to this memoir!
Scrappy Little Nobody ¹ by Anna Kendrick
* Let's Face It ¹ by Kirk Douglas - I usually dislike people other than the author's read a memoir, but Jason Alexander was sublime and I thoroughly enjoy Kirk Douglas' thoughts on life and all the tales he has to tell.


¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: