Sunday, January 6, 2019

Joy's Last Bday

This past Thursday Joy would have turned fifty-three. It's hard to believe that it's been eight years since I last saw her. The video and photos below are from Joy's 45th birthday party. I am amazed that I actually went to it and looking back, I know it was only because my dear, sweet niece Nicole went with me. I knew only one of the new people that worked for and with Joy at the time and I am dreadful and terrified of awkward moments at social situations. I'm glad that I felt courageous enough and was able to hear her scream "LEEEEE-SSSSSAA!" one last time as I walked in the room. I really miss Joy a lot sometimes and I'm so glad that I have at least a couple little videos so as to keep her voice alive in my mind. Joy could drive me bat-shit crazy, but mostly she cracked me the eff up and was just as cute as can be.






9 January 2011

No comments: