Thursday, October 25, 2018

Things Making Me Happy Right Now

-Reading over 100 books so far this year (and YES that includes audiobooks and kids books). I'm having the most fun reading David Walliams' delightfully original stories, the Dog Man series, and especially, Tales of the City. This weekend Jackson and I will be out looking for a copy of Mary Ann in Autumn to complete my set, even though Mary Ann is a low-down, no-good, fame-hungry, trampy trollop who doesn't deserve to occupy the same planet as the rest of the cast of beautiful characters. I loathe her like I've never loathed another character in any book I've ever read.


-Catching up with my nieces, Isabella, Ashlee, and next up, Kayla!


-Accepting that I am a lonely spinster and booking a table for two for only one for A Date with John Waters on Valentine's Day in 2019. Wisely, I picked the last two-top in the back right corner. I plan on dressing up and having a fabulous evening, just me and my favourite filth elder.

-Three new additions to the family - Liam, Michael, and Donavin

-The fab friendship I have with Jackson and how much fun we have together



-Upcoming events - BAM for John Waters exhibit, Tony Bennett with Anne, The Nap to see Alexandra Billings on Broadway, A John Waters Christmas with Pax (I know, I'm obsessed).
-2019 - Dublin in Spring (maybe?) and Honolulu to see Natalia in November (with Amy??)
-My endlessly good health. It amazes me that I have never broken any bones, no sprains or fractures, no hospital stays or surgeries and I haven't had anything more serious than a lousy cold for close to two decades. I don't eat as healthy as I should and I'm not the 100% vegan that I dream of being, but I try and when I stumble along the way, I get back on track and do my best not to be so hard on myself. (Vegans can be extremely judgmental towards other vegans that cheat every now and then and I am one of them. It's that old saying that while you're pointing a finger there's three pointing back at you.) Even with my slip-ups and weight gains, I still manage to live a very healthy life and intend to keep it that way!
-Working on Spanish lessons and feeling like I'm actually retaining a whole new glossary of words. Speaking them and understanding them when spoken are totally different...but my reading is at least up to first grade level, so that's something.
-Recognising my faults and flaws and putting a great deal of thought in to how to be a more patient and calm person. To not let my temper get the better of me. This is a struggle, but I need to work on this.

No comments: