Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Mega Daydream

Last night I went to the 7-Eleven in Haddonfield to buy a lottery ticket. It was up to a whopping 1.6 billion dollars. The whole drive there and back I daydreamed about what I would do if I won. I mean, that's really the point of buying a ticket, isn't it? The excitement and planning of the changes you could make in your life if you were the lucky winner. Well, this is what I would do:

- put in my notice at the office and never be forced to take phone calls again
- pay off my credit cards, mortgage, buy Roark and pay back the money I owe to Mum
- book my vacation to Dublin and Edinburgh for a whole month to mentally prepare for my new existence and relax
- purchase a proper gravestone for Aunt June
- buy tickets to Honolulu to visit with Natalia
- find Truman, my old Saturn, buy him back and get all the necessary repairs to get him up and running 100%
- do the same for Roark - oil change, new tires, etc
- follow through (at last) with all those home repairs I never got around to and get the place looking really great
- plan solo mini-adventures with Zach, Kayla, Syd, Jaeden, and maybe even Jackson (Dublin and the Leprechaun Museum, mayhaps?)
- buy the entire box set of Diagnosis Murder (it seems like it would be a series I could really get into!)
- invest in a kick ass brewpub that will be run and created by two of my brothers (Dave and Xavier) with the requirement that the menu offer vegan and gluten free entrees and apps plus dessert, even if it's just fresh fruit
- buy a weekly chunk of time with WRTI radio and have Rickster Rick present his Dark Forest broadcasts and thereby change the world for the better
- take Low Budget Philosophy to a whole new level --- donate more!
- buy a plot of land in Bryn Mawr, PA then contact Alan Mascord Designs and discuss modifying The Bucklebury Studio to fit my life just right. The home would be modest, but comfortable, with a luxurious bathtub and loads of bookshelves, the land would be secluded with lots of trees and a large pond for ducks plus a fabulous swingset, vegetable garden, birdbaths, and a stone slab beneath some trees with a bench to sit and relax. What the hell, make the bench a glider, like Mum and I always dreamed of having.
- help Mum pick out her new home and pick up the tab. The old broad deserves it. (Ha! If you're reading this, Mama, I bet you just said "bitch." xoxo)
- contact a publishing house and get hooked up with a talented and exciting illustrator to bring my stories to life
- get together with Wayne and plan out an all expense paid trip together to Northeastern England
- become more involved with animal rescue and ocean/river cleanups
- invest in John Waters' new film and hopefully, his next book
- sit back and enjoy the very notion that I will never, ever have to worry about money again and can finally focus on doing good, making changes for the betterment of the world, and feeling useful


No comments: