Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Tales and More Tales

Years and years ago I read Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City based on a recommendation from both Pax and Bishop. I tore through the book like lightning since the chapters are so short. I'm now listening to Frances McDormand recite the audiobook version and she does a phenomenal job (naturally). Once she's refreshed my dwindling memory I'll begin reading More Tales of the City. I'm enjoying it more this time around because now I have more knowledge of 70s pop culture and know a bit more about San Francisco, so things make more sense - such as the parrots of Telegraph Hill and TV shows like Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman and McMillan and Wife. If you need some great Summertime reading that acts like a time warp back to 1970s San Francisco, pick up these novels.


No comments: