Wednesday, January 11, 2017

In a shroud of cold, blackness...

...came the bright words: And that's why I leave this stage tonight even more optimistic about this country than when we started...Let me tell you something, this generation coming up - unselfish, altruistic, creative, patriotic - I've seen you in every corner of the country. You believe in a fair and just and inclusive America. You know that constant change has been America's hallmark, that it's not something to fear, but something to embrace. You are willing to carry this hard work of democracy forward. You'll soon outnumber all of us and I believe as a result the future is in good hands.

(photo kidnapped from abcnews)

It's so hard to feel positive lately, but Obama's farewell speech felt like receiving life advice from my Dad. Only Da would have worked the Federalist Papers in there.

No comments: