Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What's Underneath

I love, love, love this project. I guess I first heard about the site StyleLikeU at the beginning of the year. The section What's Underneath is sensational. Essentially it focuses on women, mostly, although I have seen a man here and there, that talk about themselves as they undress. As someone that is constantly comparing every female I see to myself, it is so refreshingly wonderful to see real live people talk about when they feel the most vulnerable, the most beautiful, and how they feel they fit into the world. And to see them with scars and stretch marks and aging skin and no makeup is so empowering for me. Their honesty and openness encourages me to see the good in myself and try to love the me that's underneath.


(The most recent segment featuring Lea DeLaria and was super fantastic. Oh, and Ms. DeLaria, you are indeed handsome, but in my opinion, you are without a doubt bea-utiful.)

No comments: