Friday, August 23, 2013

Things...

...that I love right now.

-These chocolate chip and coconut macadamia nut cookies that I'm stuffing in to my gob. Juicing begins in less than a week, another month of no food, so I'm gettin' it while the gettin's good. It'll be worth it, though, as my fat ass needs to shed about 45 lbs.
-Seeing Kayla and Jaeden this weekend! It's a guarantee for laughs and pizza and lots of hugs. I've got so many stupendous kids in my life and these two are at the top of the charts.
-Honest men. Even when they tell you what you don't want to hear, it's refreshing when someone can show you enough respect to just tell you the damn truth.
-After more than six months without a single word from my cousin Emily in north Jersey, I finally heard this morning that's she is alive and well. I'm not one to worry much, but the last month or so she has been heavy on my mind and I'm completely relieved that she's okay.
-Summer is coming to a close. Baby does not enjoy the heat. Not one bit.
-Nicole should be getting a cell phone in the next week or so and it's seriously about god damn time! This girl hasn't had a cell since January for chrissake. I have to text her sister, her mother, her friends, have my brother FaceBook message her and I've even had to call her grandmother just to set up a day to get together. It's bullshit and she needs this phone so that we can hang out more. Don't think I didn't give her hell about this on Tuesday night. I read her the riot act and yelled at her that she needs to take into consideration that I need to talk to her and she needs to make herself more available. She swore that as soon as she gets paid she will get a cell phone and immediately text me the new number. It can't happen soon enough - I miss her!!
-Having really great communication with my boss. He's super fantastic and hooks me up with overtime cause he knows I've got to pay off some credit card debt and save for Dublin/London/Antwerpen 2014, Spain 2015, and Positano 2016. Hey, I don't have kids or a husband, so I mid-as-well go see the world.
-I see Ash next weekend and she doesn't know it, but late Friday night into Saturday morning we are driving down to walk the beach for a couple of hours. The only time I like the shore is late at night when it's peaceful and deserted.
-Netflix Instant. I know so many people are disappointed with the new eps of Arrested Development, but I'm just so thrilled to see Tony Hale as Buster Bluth once again. Sooooo cute!!!
-Lemon perfume from Positano that I'd forgotten I even had. It's the perfect fragrance for summer.

No comments: