Thursday, August 22, 2013

Best Advice

Always seeming to be the one with the shattered heart, I lean on Bishop at these times and always turn to him for good, solid advice. A lot like his mother, he tells it like it is and never holds back. On one such occasion he listened to me moan and rant and finally said to me, "Honey, the best revenge is living well." It's not terribly original but it is exactly what I needed to hear in that moment. Don't cry and complain that life is unfair and that I got dealt a shitty hand in so many ways, but suck it up and get out there and just live the best damn life you possibly can. I try to remember this whenever those proverbial chips of mine are down and usually, I can keep on going. Man, that fella is my rock and I absolutely adore him.

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

I'll have to admit the bum gives some of the best advice!

Star said...

Doesn't he tho? He's seriously the best of the best!