Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The River Bends to the Right


I made this lil' mix for Jack at the library, being that he is a fellow music fan. I have yet to hear his thoughts on it, so maybe this wasn't quite the mix he was hoping to receive. Regardless, I think it's pretty god damn fantastic, especially since it's in an Amber Brown original felt cd case. Man, that gal is out of this world spectacular. I commissioned her to create a mix tape themed cd case for Jack and BOOYAH! She knocked it out of the park. That fella better appreciate her craftsmanship!

Track listing:

Lyrics Born - Callin' Out
Dear & the Headlights - I'm Not Crying. You're Not Crying Are You?
Floating Action - Not What I Came For
Ra Ra Riot - Oh, La
Iggy & the Stooges - Gimme Danger
Rage Against the Machine - Maggie's Farm
Beastie Boys - Sure Shot
Raphael Saadiq feat. Q-Tip - Get Involved
Thelonious Monk - Well, You Needn't
Dolly Parton - Down from Dover
The Carpenters - Hurting Eachother 
The Smiths - I Know It's Over
Melody Gardot - Baby I'm a Fool
Tom Waits - Alice
Frank Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim - Corcovado
Declan O'Rourke - Galileo (Someone Like You)
Elvis Costello with Burt Bacharach - In the Darkest Place 
Horace Silver Quintet - Song for My Father 
Justin Hayward and John Lodge - I Dreamed Last Night

No comments: