Wednesday, September 26, 2012

You really oughta know...

...two things about me. First, I am known for having very strange dreams. Secondly, they almost always contain a celebrity. Last night was no exception. I dreamt that Melissa had a one night stand with a moustachio'd Richard Gere. She then went on to help him hide two bodies beneath the floorboards of a local Tibetan Buddhist Prayer Center and Book Shop. A shop which does not exist outside of Dreamland. (oh how i wish it would! it was so charming - a little hole in the wall that smelled of sandalwood and was top to bottom mahoghany wood. it had little alcoves -nooks and crannies- and was lined with gorgeous old bookcases filled to the hilt with a slew of fantastic reads.) One of those bodies was Nancy Spungen and the other was a nameless, faceless man.
Upon hearing Melissa's confession I was, for lack of a better word, happy(?), for Melissa. I mean, who could turn down an evening of love making with Richard Gere? Not many. However, especially after hearing of the bodies they needed to hide, I was truly disappointed in Mr. Gere. A one night stand? Really, Richard? Really? What about Carey and Homer? I mean, Melissa's a beautiful lady and one would be hard pressed to find someone not interested in her, but is a one night stand worth throwing away your wife of how many years? Tsk, tsk, Richard. Not to mention the disposal of two bodies! And under the floors of a Buddhist Center? Shame on you, sir.
It was a relief to awaken and realise the Richard Gere of my dreams is a far cry from the Richard Gere in my dreams. Whew!

No comments: