Friday, September 21, 2012

Best Reason to Stay Up Late

Nick at Nite is solely responsible for turning me in to a night-owl. When they started running marathons of The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Love Lucy, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Three's Company, Welcome Back Kotter, and Taxi I was in it til the bitter end. I watched so much that I actually completed a Nick at Nite quiz in the back of a magazine, sent it in and received a lapel pin in honour of my vast knowledge of all things classic TV. (I still have it!) To this day, one of my all-time favourite things to do is to crash out on the sofa late, late at night, get some toast and chai tea and watch hour after hour of classic TV reruns. Tonight I'm looking forward to some good scotch while I watch season one of Dynasty. Hello Matthew Blaisdel...

No comments: