Thursday, August 23, 2012

Why blog?

It's a valid question. I get the impression that blogs are sometimes looked at as pathetic and the owners of the blogs are perceived as wanna-be authors. That could be the case, however lately I gave it some serious thought - what do I have to say that's so all-important that I feel the whole world needs to know it? And I have an answer. This blog is to mark my existence. Suppose I'm killed later on today. My nephew-to-be will have never met me, nor know anything about me other than what his mother tells him. Same goes for my seven month old nephew. However, if sometime in the far away future, Baby Rodriguez-to-be wants to know Who was Tia Estrella? What did she like, what did she think about things, what books did she read, and what was her personality like? Well, he can go right to The Season of Plum and Cobblestone and find out. BFF Amy will have access to any personal journals or diaries kept over the years and those are not for public consumption. Plum & Cobblestone is. So even though there are only about three people in the world that actually read this blog, that's totally okay - it's not meant for everyone. It's meant for those who want to know a bit more about some wacky, blue eyed, Irish-German gal with bad skin and a loud ass laugh.

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

Incredibly well said.

And also I'd take to reading the blog of anyone who chooses to write one over ANY form of mass media currently polluting the zeigeist because, agree with them or not, bloggers can be trusted to tell it like it is without some ulterior motive. Bloggers speak from their hearts whereas modern media speaks from their pocket books. I know which I rather read.

Star said...

incredibly well said right back at ya!