Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bollocks for Hamish

Once I got my driver's license it was clearly imperative that I make some serious mixtapes. In high school, my favourite film was Gus Van Sant's My Own Private Idaho and I constantly dreamed of one day driving to that road in Idaho where River Phoenix stood. Therefore the mixtapes I would create had be called Idaho Potato Mixes. In June of 1995 I made one of the best - my seventh Idaho Potato Mix - and here it is:

-Side A-
Human Behaviour - Björk
I Keep Forgettin' - Michael McDonald
I Am I Said - Neil Diamond
In the Middle of Love - Ann Jillian
Somewhere in Time - John Barry
Supernatural - Madonna
Lovecats - The Cure
When I Come Around - Green Day
Set the Controls... - Pink Floyd
Come Up and See Me - Duran Duran
Miss World - Hole

-Side B-
Run Like Hell - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Conquer Me - Blues Traveler
I Go to Rio - Peter Allen
A Wild & Distant Shore - Michael Nyman
Dancing Queen - ABBA
About a Girl - Nirvana
Why? - Annie Lennox
Landslide - The Smashing Pumpkins
Summer Nights - Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta
Mexicali Blues - The Grateful Dead
All My Lovin' - The Beatles
Michelle - The Beatles



June 1995
#7 of the Idaho Potato Mixes

No comments: