Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Twenty Favourite Love Songs

The Very Thought of You by Nat King Cole
My Funny Valentine by Matt Damon
I Love Every Little Thing About You by Stevie Wonder
Someone Like You by Van Morrison
Galileo by Declan O'Rourke
I Only Have Eyes for You by The Flamingos
I Hadn't Anyone Till You by Ella Fitzgerald
I'm Confessin' That I Love You by Lizz Wright
Everyday by Jamiroquai
Never Too Much by Luther Vandross
Truly by Lionel Richie
Woman by John Lennon
I'll Be Your Mirror by The Velvet Underground with Nico
Johnsburg, Illinois by Tom Waits
Overlap by Ani DiFranco
Silly Love Songs by Wings
Bleed to Love Her by Fleetwood Mac
You Take My Heart Away by Nelson Pigford & DeEtta Little
All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers
Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce

5 comments:

Cerpts said...

Hey where'd you get that Galileo song?!?!?!!!!

Very impressive! Although I must shamefully admit to not having heard almost half of them. Sounds like a new cd mix is called for heh heh heh....

I wonder if I can steal that idea and come up with my own list? Of course, I would have to leave out my usually jaundiced views or else something like YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART by Nilsson or LOVE STINKS by J. Geils Band would typify. Ah well, there's always THE RODEO SONG....

Star said...

Get the hell outta here-which ones don't you know?? Say the word and a new mix shall be yours! Also, feel free to 'steal' my post idea-it's not terribly original, I must admit.

Cerpts said...

Purdy please with sugar on top????

Of course, bribery might include the latest episode of THE DARK FOREST, natch.

Cerpts said...

Ooo, I forgot to mention who appeared in the latest DARK FOREST: Judy Garland, Liza Minnelli, Pet Shop Boys, Scott Walker, Eve Arden, Fun Boy Three, PJ Harvey, Fred Astaire, Noel Coward, The Cramps, Carl Perkins, Kay Thompson, The Incredible Fran & Anna and many more! Plus our special musical tribute to Sterling Hayden! All this and more in the latest episode of. . .

. . .THE DARK FOREST!

Star said...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!