Monday, February 13, 2012

Love - Cinema Style

While thinking of my top ten favourite romance/love story films, I noticed that they are all kinda sad. There's no doubt about it, each of them is most definitely a love story, however, they are love with a mixture of death, AIDS, dismemberment, separation (both geographically and across time), fistfights, arrests, paralysis, and plane crashes. But they are my favourites, and here they are, in order!

Somewhere in Time
The English Patient
Return to Me
Rocky
The Piano
Chapter Two
The Adjustment Bureau
Jeffrey
Casablanca
Love Affair (1939)

3 comments:

Cerpts said...

Your description sounds just like love to me!

And wouldja believe I've only seen two of 'em?!?!?!?!!!!

Whoa Nelly, am I a slacker!

Star said...

how is that even possible?? i'm certain that you've seen more than two. are the ones you saw Casablanca & Love Affair???

Cerpts said...

Wait I lied. I've seen three: Casablanca, Rocky and Somewhere In Time.