Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tina Fey "Bossypants"

(photo kidnapped from undagroundmilli)

Readers of this blog are well aware of my love affair with all things literary, especially audio books. Having hit my mid-thirties earlier this year, I have decided that, although I loathe it, I must start to exercise. I am doing better with the whole eating healthy thing, but working out makes me want to cry. I have gone so far as to leave my yoga mat and workout crap in the middle of the floor so I could not avoid it when I came home from work. I walked in the door, looked at it and literally said, "I'd rather eat dog food." I shoved the stuff under my chair and sat down with a bowl of Pirate's Booty.

What does this have to do with Tina Fey? Well, allow me to continue. So I figured that since there is a mall not far from my home that is fully air-conditioned, that I should go to the library, score tons of fun and fabulous audio books, upload them onto my iPod and listen while I walk. Today is day one. I decided to listen to Tina Fey's book Bossypants on my way to work just to get a preview before putting it on my iPod. Oh. My. God. It is hilarious. I was cracking up the whole ride here. The inflections in her voice made it seem as though she were merely spinning me a yarn and regaling me with fun and interesting stories of her past, rather than reading to me from a book. So many times, authors who read their own work tend to read it in a monotonous dull cadence. Not Ms. Fey and not John Waters (his audio version of Role Models had me in stitches.) Bossypants is (so far) endearing and funny and I think it might actually get me to take my fat ass for a walk every day. Here's hoping!

(ps~this book is so phenomenal that i went out today(july 7th)to buy a real copy. ♥♥)

No comments: