Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MSR

Cornelius Bros. & Sister Rose "Too Late to Turn Back Now"
Bread "Everything I Own"
Blood, Sweat & Tears "You've Made Me So Very Happy"
Chairmen of the Board "Give Me Just a Little More Time"
Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds "Don't Pull Your Love"
The Spinners "Could It Be I'm Falling in Love"
Van Morrison "Gloria"
Jackie Wilson "Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher"
The Righteous Bros. "(You're My) Soul & Inspiration"
Seals & Croft "Summer Breeze"
The Hollies "He Ain't Heavy (He's My Brother)"
Carole King "It's Too Late"
The Spencer Davis Group "Gimme Some Lovin'"
ELO "Evil Woman"
The Four Tops "Baby, I Need Your Loving"
Chuck Mangione "Feels So Good"
Carly Simon "The Right Thing to Do"
Elvis Presley "You've Lost That Lovin'Feeling"
Neil Diamond "Cherry, Cherry"
Simon & Garfunkel "The Sound of Silence"
The Five Satins "In the Still of the Night"
Tennessee Ernie Ford "Sixteen Tons"

~June 4th, 2004

In 2003 my BFF's father passed away quite suddenly. During the months that followed his death, Amy and I would drive around listening to the local Oldies station. Growing up in West Chester, Amy and her family were huge oldies music fans and when visiting, I would be in a state of amazement that they knew every word to every song that was played. In 2004, Amy and I found that every time we were together the station played thee best oldies songs ever. I started to write some of the songs down and made this mix. Amy has a copy and we are both kind of obsessed with it. I think it reminds us both of how awesome her dad was and it feels almost like a connection to the past when things were simple and the music rocked!

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

Excellent illustration of why music mixed are so very important.

Star said...

why thank you, sir! i whole-heartedly agree!