Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Friends from the Library

Saturday morning I was walking the path beside the lake toward the library. I turned my head from the new little ducklings and noticed a pile of torn photographs. I have a deep love of pictures and was kinda upset to think that someone would rip up what appeared to be sweet family photos and throw them on the ground. So, like the nutcase that I am, I rescued the pictures, took them home, cleaned them up and taped them together. There is one woman that appeared in so many of the photographs and I wish to hell I knew who she was...

(April 1983)
(January 2004)

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

I find those pictures incredibly sad and depressing . . . that they were torn up and tossed on the ground.

Star said...

right?? but they have a happy home with me now. the thing is, they were on the path closer to the nursing home than to the library. makes me wonder if the woman in all those fotos died and someone didn't quite care for her in the end. that's what makes me sad.