Sunday, May 1, 2011

Conquer

This here is a mix I whipped up a few years back. Often times I go back to old mixes and find myself skipping past tracks - not this time. Every song was like opening a present.

Nina Simone - Wild is the Wind
Jeff Buckley - So Real
Ani DiFranco - Overlap (live)
The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love
Fiona Apple - Paper Bag
Damien Rice - Grey Room
Dresden Dolls - Bad Habit
Justin Hayward & John Lodge - I Dreamed Last Night
Stevie Wonder - I Believe
Morrissey - Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Nirvana - You Know You're Right
Tom Waits - Alice
Matt Damon - My Funny Valentine
NIN - Hurt
Oasis - Acquiesce
The Velvet Underground - Lisa Says (live)
Tori Amos - Not the Red Baron

1 comment:

Cerpts said...

Indeed a mix to conquer most others. Nina Simone is always sublime and her version of WILD IS THE WIND is equally sublime. Surely the definitive version . . . but have you heard Bowie's? Then of course there's two songs you turned me onto: Morrissey's SEASICK, YET STILL DOCKED and Tom Waits' magnificent ALICE! And look, it even has your favourite version of LISA SAYS!