Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Somerset Street

Marina and I were at Tacconelli's for Sunday brunch not long ago and I snapped this photo. The pizza was good, not as good as we had hoped considering that all anyone every talks about regarding the neighbourhood is Stock's pound cake and Tacconelli's pizza. It should be stated that I, along with all of my siblings and maternal family members, were brought up with Stock's cake at every bday party. (We're Irish Catholic, so that's a boatload of bdays, honey.) Stock's is without question, thee best pound cake ever created. Ever.
As for pizza, Tacconelli's is good, but they misspelled Margherita Pizza and tomato on the menu. Hey, I spell stuff wrong, too, but c'mon, take some pride in your business and realise that Margherita is pizza and Margarita is a cocktail. But regardless of misspellings and so-so pizza, the door across the street from the restaurant was fabulous. It reminded me of the door in Gaslight and I kept expecting a cockney accented Angela Lansbury to present herself at the threshold. Alas, t'was not to be.

No comments: