Saturday, May 8, 2010

Six Degrees of Me

Everyone's gotta have a parlour trick, something that impresses guests at cocktail parties. For me that talent is that I can connect myself to nearly any celebrity in six degrees or less. My favourite connection is to John Lennon. Now, I personally feel that I am one degree from John Lennon because I knew someone who met him directly. Others would believe it to be two degrees, but this is my game, so essentially, it's my rules. Okay, so when I was nineteen, my therapist was musician/artist John Palumbo. In the late 70s and early 80s John and his wife lived in NYC not far from The Dakota on 72nd and Central Park West. If memory serves, Palumbo was at a local shop (and for some reason I feel like there were oranges involved?? So I'm assuming that John was snagging some produce), anyway...Palumbo was at the store when he looks up to see John Lennon. Palumbo managed a hello and Lennon smiled and said hello back. Over the course of time from that day until Lennon's death, John would see him periodically and nod hello as they passed eachother. How cool is that??

so there's me...
to John...
...to John Lennon!One degree of separation, baby!

No comments: