Thursday, November 17, 2022

The Grand Seduction

While searching for Fisherman's Friends I came across The Grand Seduction available on Hulu. Part of the film poster was covered but I could still make out one of the star's last name: Gleeson. I dashed right over to Hulu and saved it in my Watchlist for today. I have seen it twice already. It was so good. Excellent characters, charming location, terrific and original storyline, and sprinkled with great big laughs throughout. Brendan Gleeson is a fave of mine because he's just so damn loveable. He's one of those marvelous actors who is able to convey that quintessentially authentic performance every time. You believe without question that he is a dirt-ball cop, a priest, a hired gun, a zombie-fighting father, a small town detective, and, naturally, a gifted fiddler. His portrayal as a fisherman desperate to turn his community around and bring work and pride to their harbour is absolutely worth a watch. I just loved it.

(photo kidnapped from moviefanatic)

No comments: