Friday, November 18, 2022

Claudine

I had put this film on hold in January after listening to Diahann Carroll's memoir. It was stuck in the system and it took me until this month to mention it when I went in to get my holds. The young gent was kind enough to place an inter-library loan and get it for me all the way from South Carolina. My upstairs neighbour was out for the night and I took advantage of being able to actually be home and not worry about stomping feet and random items being dropped on the floor above and put it on. First thing I did was text Bishop about how gorgeous James Earl Jones' arms are in this picture. Whew! Talk about lustful thoughts... After recovering from that mini-swoon I got sucked in to the film and the lives of Claudine, her six children, and Roop. An absolutely remarkable film.

(photo kidnapped from movieposters.ha)

No comments: