Thursday, July 7, 2022

James Caan

One of my first movie star crushes was James Caan. I saw him in The Godfather when I was in grade school and instantly loved him as Sonny Corleone. I wanted to grow up and marry someone just like him so that he would beat up all the kids at school that were mean to me. A few years later my parents introduced me to Chapter Two and it quickly became a favourite of mine. I loved the banter between Caan and Marsha Mason. Then as a teen I saw and was obsessed with Honeymoon in Vegas. It seemed that every time I saw James Caan in a film he was always so swoon-worthy and effortlessly moved into each role. Last year I saw him in Detachment, Thief, and Queen Bees and was reminded of just how gifted an actor he was. Even in his last film, Queen Bees, he was just as handsome and charismatic as ever. Another great talent has left the Earth and he will absolutely be missed. Now it's time to put on Chapter Two...

No comments: