Thursday, August 12, 2021

Support System


I have loads of supportive people as friends, family members, and those I include as part of my "logical" family. I remember once in about 2009 when I was leaving my parents' place to head home, my father stepped into the garage to have a smoke and flagged me down before I backed out of the driveway. I rolled down the window (literally in this case because I was driving Truman) and he leaned in to say that if I needed any money to get my children's stories published to let him know. I would have preferred him to ask to read them and show an interest in that way, but I still fondly remember him offering to foot the bill if I needed it. Others that have always been a great emotional support are Bishop, who is always there to give me advice on various crushes and fellas over the years, and Amy who was never judgmental during any of my depressions and mental health crises and was forever available to answer my random calls during said breakdowns. Most recently I've found Kayla to be a major support in my life. She's more than merely a friend and niece, she's become a confidante, a therapist, and a cheerleader. I'm extremely fortunate to have so many exceptional people in my life who seem to genuinely care and show it.

No comments: