Sunday, August 29, 2021

Happy 100th Bday, Iris!

I first discovered this great beauty in 2013 when she caught my eye in the documentary Bill Cunningham New York. Then came her own doc, Iris, by Albert Maysles, which was absolutely fantastic. It was wonderful to get to know the classy, stylish lady as she really is. I've loved watching her star rise further and further and see her embraced by one and all. I am so happy that at one hundred, she is still going strong. Cheers to you, Ms. Apfel!


(I ordered these Half & Half glasses in Mosaic as sunnies and can't wait 'til they arrive! Everything in the Iris Apfel Collection for Zenni is fun to the max! Iris said of these frames "I love color and I love pattern, so this two-tone style is like having my cake and eating it too." (They're also available in blue swirl.) As a sidenote, Zenni is fantastic and I'm so thrilled with the glasses I've bought from them. Tip: be certain you can understand the writing of your prescription from your doctor and be sure to have your dual pupillary distance correct. There's YouTube videos and at-home rulers to print out so that you get your PD just right.)

No comments: