Friday, November 20, 2020

The Man of the Hour

William Hootkins has been in my life for years only I'm just now realising it. I first looked him up in IMDb when he played Federal Agent Burt in one of my fave Poirot eps, The Adventure of the Cheap Flat. His American accent was so over-the-top that I had to see if he was a Brit overdoing it. Turns out he's American through and through and was in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Then I happened to look up William Hootkins to see if he narrates any other books aside from Moby-Dick and discovered hey! that's Agent Burt! Then I found out he was in Star Wars as well as the best Batman film ever made, Tim Burton's version. Few performances can top his reading of Moby-Dick. Hootkins gives such life to all the characters and even the (sorry) dull bits that go on and on about the ins and outs of the sperm whale, he still manages to hold my interest until he gets me back on that boat with the crew, ready to take on the thrashing seas and find that white beast of the ocean! I had to message Amy and tell her of my discovery.




No comments: