Saturday, November 7, 2020

Hope Dies Last

It's been a stressful week and I've chosen to spend every day since Tuesday with my head in the sand. I haven't logged on to Instagram, I don't look at the news, I turned off notifications for incoming texts and emails and informed anyone that I was speaking to over the phone that under no circumstances was the subject of politics to be broached. Natalia and Amy understood and vowed only to message me when good news was on the horizon. Barbara and Michel even messaged me via WhatsApp and thankfully brought no bad news. This morning I saw a message from Natalia that could be ominous or uplifting. The problem was she used no punctuation or emojis, just simply said, "it's official girl" - what's official!?! I couldn't bring myself to open the message and read her three prior texts. Not long after, Amy hit me with the good news and I could finally reply to Natalia. I'm still not 100% relaxed about the election results. Not until that monster is removed from office and someone human replaces him.




Amy adores the Flyers mascot, Gritty, possibly more than Gritty's own mother loves him, and we were both thrilled to know our hometown made the difference. She's been sending me Philly memes all day and had me cracking up.





This sign made me think that RBG would be very proud of this country and that we stood up and voted out a maniac.

And here are my texts with Barbara and Michel, like anyone aside from me cares, but whatever, no one reads this blog but me.



No comments: