Thursday, December 26, 2019

December 26, 1990


Dear Wife:

I meant this to be a part of your Christmas card, that I was going to purchase after tennis. Of course you will not be surprised that when I got to the store I had forgotten to bring money, and did not get out later on Xmas Eve.
This note is an attempt to put into words my love and my thanks for all you have given me in the past fifty years. Your love and affection given to the raising of our three wonderful sons during our marriage, often times alone when I was working at the office.
Your unfailing efforts in aiding and assisting in our daily office work for the corporation. The many, many trips you have made to the bank and sundry trips for office supplies etc. This can not be over stated in its importance to the enhancement of our income.
Never heard was any word of incrimination when an investment or an effort or (sic) my part did not work out. The loss was accepted and with your encouragement we both buckled down and worked at overcoming any loss.
All has not been rosy, but I would not trade with any other man I know our relationship. As the years go by my love for you has multiplied, and I wish and hope to spend our remaining years together.

Love and kisses from your husband
Tom

PS: All of the above plus the making and caring for a lovely home, a lover beyond compare, and you feed me rather well. Again please accept my thanks being given with all the love I have for you.
TK

No comments: