Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween 2019!


Here's a mish-mosh, hodge podge of last minute Halloweenie-ness! Starting with a photo of the girls and Farley that Ashlee texted me:


I got mail! Cards from Mum, Melissa, Renee, and Helen, who used an Elton John stamp!









And look! The 'scapes went all Halloweenie and check out Astrid Buttercup the kitty - she's a Bat-Cat! Adorbs. (In case you're curious, my pupper in Gardenscapes is named Scuttlebutt.)



And here's a list of the movies that I watched this month to stay in the holiday mood as I gorged myself on Halloween Oreo's.

Halloween (2018) - Eh. I liked the original and H20 way better, but the cage scene toward the end was pretty fantastic.
The Thing - Kurt Russell with a beard, Keith David (hubba hubba), Donald Moffat (love him!), Richard Masur (he's good in everything), creepy creatures and effects, scares a-plenty, eerie music, and cute and fluffy puppers. Does it get any better?!
28 Days Later - I hadn't seen this in years and had forgotten how really good it is. I still had to fast-forward through the scene where they are stuck in the underground tunnel - too intense for me! And that's with knowing that they'd get away. Oh, and Cillian Murphy's eyes are to die for.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken - Saw this for the first time last year on Svengoolie and it's still so much fun to watch."Atta boy, Luther!"
The Burbs - This movie never, ever loses its ability to make me bust out laughing. The time around it was Queenie's little leap from grass to grass over the pavement. I swear I watched it at least ten times. 
The Canterville Ghost - Thank you, YouTube for having this Alyssa Milano and John Gielgud movie from my childhood. So much fun.
Mr. Boogedy - My whole family absolutely loved this movie and all these years later it is still fabulous. The cast is outstanding with Richard Masur (second appearance on this list!), Mimi Kennedy who delivers the best line in the film "Time to call a real-tor.", David Faustino (so young!), John Astin, and Kristy Swanson as the quintessential eye rolling 1980s teenager girl. I watched this for free on YouTube before Disney tore it down...the DVD set of Boogedy and Bride of Boogedy are crazy expensive (forty-eight bucks!) so I'm glad I caught it just in time.
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - I used to wake up early on Saturday mornings as a kid and watch this Jeff Goldblum flick any time of year. It's still pretty good and has held up well!
The Crow - In my teens I had this film's poster hanging in my teenage bedroom. God, Brandon Lee was beautiful and what a performance. Also, The Crow, has one of the best soundtracks ever to come out of the 1990s.
Scream - Another film from the 90s with an all-star cast - Skeet Ulrich, Matthew Lillard, Drew Barrymore, Henry Winkler, Courtney Cox, Rose McGowan, Jamie Kennedy, and of course, Neve Campbell - a fun premise, good acting, the perfect amount of gore without completely turning the viewer off, and the memories of seeing this in the theatre with friends and later renting it from Blockbuster. We were obsessed with this movie!
Watcher in the Woods - I was on a ride down memory lane with so many favorite spooky films from my childhood and no list would be complete without this Bette Davis classic. I always liked scary movies that were fun. Nothing that gave me nightmares, just the chills when I watched and this one was one of the best of the 80s.

That's all for now. In closing, here's a vampire version of my avatar that was too cool for words.


No comments: