Wednesday, May 22, 2019

What I Love About Lucy

- her squeaky little squeal of joy she lets loose when someone chases after her
- when she walks toward me with her arms outstretched, initiating a hug
- her dimpled cheeks
- watching her play by herself and seeing her creativity blossom
- her lovely shaped eyes
- that lil' button nose
- the giggle!
- how she doesn't say much, but comprehends everything - people underestimate her, but this wee lass is one smart cookie
- when she wears a dress (which is nearly always) and poses like a silent film star, swishing back and forth as she holds the dress's hem
- seeing her and "Jacksie" play together and how it seems like he's her big brother
- I get excited when I know I'm gonna see her because she really is a sunbeam of cuteness. After Nana Irma's funeral when a bunch of us went back to Mama Rosie's, Lucy and Stacey showed up and Lucy completely changed the energy in the room. She is her name's meaning - she is light.
- seeing how much she is loved by both of her parents and how they actually enjoy watching her and don't let the stress of parenthood overwhelm them to the point where they miss out on Lucy's silly expressions and playfulness
- every time I see her I learn to love her even more
- when I hold her and sniff her like a hound and she giggles then tries to sniff me back
- what I love most is that I can see our lives and our future and I just know she's gonna be one of my bestest pals


No comments: