Thursday, November 29, 2018

The Godfather

My cheap-o subscription to Audible is nearly over and I won't be renewing it once the price goes up. One of my last purchases was Mario Puzo's The Godfather as read by the brilliant Joe Mantegna. I was seriously howling out loud at his reading the description of Sonny Corleone's massive "organ" and am loving reliving the story through Mantegna's performance.

(ps - My god, either Mario Puzo hates women or he's letting everyone know that Italian and Italian-American men think that women's only value lies between their legs. Super, crazy offensive, but I'm still enjoying the book. It's kind of funny how sex-obsessed and power-hungry all of the male characters are and that they don't realise how weak they really are because of this obsession.) 

No comments: