Saturday, November 3, 2018

Me, Anne, & Tony

Last night Anne and I headed back over to Philly to the Academy of Music to see the one and only Tony Bennett!! It was a phenomenal concert and one of the best performances I've ever seen. His voice is unchanged from his early days and is still pure perfection. He sang a ton of his hits (and a couple that I wasn't really familiar with) but didn't sing the entire song, which allowed him to give us all just a taste of each one. I so wanted him to sing I Left My Heart in San Francisco and had slightly high hopes as he mentioned in his book that he isn't tired of singing it. When the end of the night approached and he finally fulfilled my dreams and began to sing it I was moved to tears - not that it's difficult for me to do so, since I pretty much cry at everything - but it was just wonderful and the audience went wild with applause before sitting in complete silence, reveling in every lovely note. A flawless evening.





Setlist:

Watch What Happens
They All Laughed (with skat intro)
This Is All I Ask
I Got Rhythm
In My Solitude
I'm Old Fashioned
It Amazes Me
Steppin' Out With My Baby
But Beautiful
Our Love Is Here To Stay
The Way You Look Tonight
Because of You
Cold, Cold Heart
Rags to Riches
Who Can I Turn To?
Just In Time
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
The Good Life
How Do You Keep the Music Playing?
The Shadow of Your Smile
One for My Baby
For Once in My Life
I Left My Heart in San Francisco
Who Cares?
Fly Me to the Moon



No comments: