Saturday, September 8, 2018

Pelgrim Straat

On the way to the flat in Antwerp I paid no mind to the fact that I would be turning right onto Pelgrim Straat, knowing full well that Pelgrim is Dutch for Pilgrim. Then I looked down and saw the Camino shell. This past year I kinda of gave up on the idea of walking the Camino de Sanitago one day because it felt too impossible for me to complete, too expensive, too much time off of work, and would be a disappointment in the end and something that was better in my daydreams. But then I walk down a street I'd been down dozens of times over the years but this time I saw the symbol of the Camino, so far from the starting points and thought, maybe this is a sign to remind me that I need to really work towards achieving the impossible and go on that long, long walk. For no other reason than it is there and it can be done.



No comments: