Sunday, September 30, 2018

A Whole Day Together

Xavier and Mary dropped off Jax this morning and I got to hang out with him til eight at night. We had such a good time - he really is one of my best friends. We have tons of laughs and great conversations. I can be silly and so can he; and believe me, we are.

We started out the day just hanging out at my place - Jax loves that I have a loft bed. After playing for a bit we hopped in Roark and went to run errands, listening to Tony Bennett, who scored a thumbs up from the six year old.

In the late afternoon we went to Narberth, PA in search of Armistead Maupin's Significant Others. No luck, but we parked beside this cool mural. "Hey," said Jackson, "that's like the one near....um....uh..." "Heartbeet Kitchen!" I said, finishing his sentence.



Next we stopped at St. Mary's Food Pantry in Wayne then to Main Point Books, where my hopes were dashed again - no Significant Others. I was forced to order it from Amazon. Which normally isn't a big deal. I just wanted it today. Oh, and check us out - BUMBLEance twins!



Then it was off to MOM's in Bryn Mawr, where Jax organised the finger puppets once more. Impressing all who walked past.

Summer is over, but it was nice enough out to get this boy some ice cream from Hope's Cookies - he got a small with chocolate and vanilla with rainbow jimmies. I fed him while he sat on the calf. At one point he randomly reached over and patted the cow and said "Hey, Big Momma." Oh my god, I busted out laughing. We have another outing on the books for the end of October and we cannot wait!

No comments: