Saturday, December 26, 2015

Vegan Gluten Free Yumminess

Marina found a recipe online for gluten free chocolate chip cookies and passed it along to me, being kind enough to alter the ingredients so that I could make them vegan. The outcome? Delicious to the core! Especially the day after they were made, when the full flavour seemed to have set in. I added some extra sugar since I have a monster-sized sweet tooth and I think they are super perfect.

1 cup peanut butter
¾ cup applesauce
Half of a mashed banana
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 cup chocolate chips (vegan, of course!)
2 tablespoons of turbinado sugar

Preheat oven to 350° - blend all ingredients but the chocolate chips - once fully blended add in the chips and stir. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Let cool sufficiently before stuffing in your gob. Please note that at first the cookies are crispy, but the following day I noticed they were more soft and chewy. Either way they are pretty dang delectable!

 
(ps - you can't really taste the banana, which is a good thing in my opinion.)

No comments: