Monday, December 28, 2015

I Heart Joe Dallesandro

Yesterday I spent the evening at Bishop and Pax's place, stuffing our pieholes with pizza and, well, pie. While Bishop was completing the finishing touches on his homemade pizzas, Pax and I chewed the proverbial fat. A few weeks back, when lovely Ms. Holly Woodlawn passed away, Pax and I were chatting about Holly and Joe. I knew the name Joe Dallesandro but I doubt I'd be able to pick him out of a line up. The only way I knew of Holly and Joe was in an old (from the 90s if I recall...) television documentary I saw on Lou Reed. Holly and Joe were talking about Walk on the Wild Side and I remember that Joe said something really sweet and genuine to Holly. He said she was a beautiful girl and still is a beautiful girl. Holly swooned a bit, understandably, and I just thought to myself, "What a nice guy..."

So anyway, last night Pax was telling me about this project he had on Facebook and that his post on Joe was copied by the man himself onto his own Facebook page! Pax was over the freakin' moon. Bishop yelled from the kitchen, "He's internet famous!" It's such a silly, small thing, but the fact that Joe Dallesandro read the post and approved made Pax super-crazy happy. Ya know what? In a world full of James Deens - be a Joe Dallesandro. Please.

(For those of you not in the know, James Deen is a louse. Joe Dallesandro is a prince.)

No comments: