Friday, October 9, 2015

The Colonial Theatre


The Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania is one of my absolute favourite theatres ever. It's the nearest thing to perfect. The staff is friendly and warm, the upstairs lobby is charming, the balcony of the theatre makes me feel transported back into the 1940s and even the bathroom has those fabulous lights around the mirror, making me feel like a classic Hollywood starlet as I touch up my lip gloss.


My first experience at this theatre was February 17th of 2013 when Bishop and I saw North By Northwest and were gobsmacked at seeing it on the big screen. What a fantastic afternoon. Next up I took Zach to see Back to the Future on April 27th of that year, then in 2014, it was Adventures in Babysitting with Kay on November 22nd and the next month, on the 7th, it was Scrooged with Bella. I haven't gone yet this year, which truthfully is near criminal. I think it's time to find some retro flicks to enjoy with my brother Wayne or maybe even Jaeden...either way, I need to get back there!

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: